The call for speaker proposals for 2013 Type-A Parent Conference is now open!
We have a new track for 2013 that I think will be very innovative and unique. We are expanding our roundtables, which have previously been dedicated to Tribe Track sessions, to add the new Game Changer sessions.
What is a Game Changer? These Game Changer sessions will be interactive (with a session moderator/leader instead of a traditional speaker) with all attendees participating. The titles of these sessions will be questions, and the goal of the Game Changer sessions will be to discuss a pressing issue or topic. For those of you who have been to Type-A any of the previous four years, this will be like a small group version of the Blogger Town Hall Meeting… each one, with a specific problem to solve.
Here is a complete list of the tracks for which you can submit a proposal:
- Business – Sessions geared at bloggers, companies, non-profits and marketers with topics related to business, monetization and social media.
- Content – Sessions on writing, blogging, podcasting, photography, vlogging and anything related to content creation.
- Intensives – Extended length workshops designed to provide comprehensive knowledge to attendees on a specific topic. Topic areas include blogging, writing, social media, business and blog coding/design.
- Roundtable: Tribes – Niche-specific small group sessions. Please note: the tribal leaders are NOT traditional speakers, but serve as moderators of group discussions among fellow tribe members.
- Roundtable: Game Changers – NEW for 2013, these roundtable-style sessions will be in the form of a question for the moderator/leader and the attendees to discuss with the goal of concrete answers/solutions by the end. For those of you familiar with Type-A Parent Conference, these will be akin to small group versions of the Blogger Town Hall Meeting. For example, session titles could be How Can Brands and Bloggers Better Understand One Another? or How Can Parent Bloggers Get More Respect as an Industry? Please note: the game changer session leaders are NOT traditional speakers, but serve as moderators of group discussions among the leader/s and the audience/attendees.
- Hands-on Workshops – These are small group sessions that are the only sessions that require pre-conference sign up by attendees to control size. In these sessions, the emphasis is on DOING during the session with the goal of a finished project/task at the end of the session. This track is ideal for topics that require one-on-one teaching, such as SEO, branding, blog coding, creative writing and design, etc.